Aviation Services Ramp Agent III (Trainer or Lead) - Part-time
Apply for Job
Back to list
Position Summary (Primary Function)
The Aviation Services Ramp Agent III performs customer and ramp service functions related to aircraft operations serviced by the Airport Aviation Services Group. Position also oversees operational, training and administrative functions as assigned by the Aviation Services Supervisor.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Interacts with passengers, flight crew, Group team members and other operational contacts in a courteous, professional manner.
- Services passengers associated with Group contracted flight operations.
o Checks passengers in for flight.
o Boards Passengers for departure.
- Services aircraft associated with Group contracted flight operations.
o Loads/unloads passenger bags.
o Cleans and services aircraft lavatories.
o Cleans cabin interiors.
o Stocks aircraft with needed supplies
o Participates in aircraft marshaling/movement.
o Loads/unloads cargo containers/pallets.
- Performs other functions to facilitate Group contracted flight operations.
o Maintains safety and security of the ramp at all times.
o Operates basic and advanced ground service equipment including but not limited to:
o Baggage/tow tractor
o Belt loader
o Lavatory Cart
o Potable water cart
o Air start
o Stair truck
o Push back
o Jet bridge
o Performs equipment checks and notifies shift lead of discrepancies.
- Trains and certifies other Ramp Agents for equipment usage as directed by an Aviation Services Supervisor
- Assigns and oversees work.
- Trains agents to perform duties effectively.
- Responsible for any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by an Aviation Services Supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Equipment training experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in the U.S. airline industry, materials handling or customer service; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Basic computer skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass TSA Security background check
- Currently have or must be willing and able to obtain haz-mat certification and other appropriate certifications required by the FAA and/or the TSA.
- OSHA Forklift Trainer certification
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ability to safely and efficiently operate motorized industrial equipment.
- This position requires skills in prioritization, organization, verbal communications and interpersonal relations, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
- Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage.
- Responsible for own work, but must coordinate work with others.
- Physical Demand - Use of personal protective equipment is required. Exposed to heat, cold, rain, and snow in a noisy environment. Must possess the ability to perform strenuous physical activities such as lift passenger bags weighing 50 pounds or more, engage in sustained physical exertion and perform arduous work under adverse conditions and maintain physical fitness pertinent to the work.
- Mental and/or Visual Demand - Mental and visual demands are high and vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to respond safely and efficiently.
- Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, and depth perception. Employee is required to have the visual acuity to analyze data and figures, operate a computer terminal.
- Exposed to normal aviation environment.
- This position requires uncommon tours of duty to include but not limited to weekends and holidays, rotating shift assignments and overtime duty.
- Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours.
Apply for Job