Grounds Technician I
Apply for Job
Back to list
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Individual will participate in safety programs and safety training and have total commitment and compliance with all company safety and environmental policies.
- Responsible for immediately reporting any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- This individual is responsible for becoming progressively more knowledgeable in assigned tasks, procedures, techniques and required tools in order to maximize efficiency.
- Daily cleanup of grounds and roads; remove trash, limbs and debris.
- Install, repair and clean roadway and directional signs.
- Removal of leaves, trash and other debris along roadways and around buildings.
- Cleaning of all equipment rooms and equipment.
- Cleaning of parking garages and other parking areas.
- Washing windows on exterior of concourses and offices.
- Assist landscape and airfield crews as needed and assigned.
- Washing of all airport vehicles and equipment.
- Assist with snow and ice removal activities.
- Performs other duties necessary to keep the airport attractive and operating safely.
- Responsible for setting an effective pace and for minimizing interruptions in the completion of tasks.
- Will be required to work without direct supervision in an effective and safe manner.
Education Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Education, Experience, Ability)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have the ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions.
- Shall be capable of operating hand and power tools necessary to perform grounds maintenance.
- Must be able to operate vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission and those equipped with a manual transmission.
- This position requires skills in verbal communications and interpersonal relations.
- May be required to complete an annual medical physical designed for the performance and requirements of the job.
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
- Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
- Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage.
- Responsible for own work, but must coordinate work with others.
- Physical Demand - Must be physically able to use the personal protective equipment required of the job. Must be able to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, rain and snow in a noisy environment. Will be required to work from ladders and lifts. Must possess the ability to perform strenuous physical activities such as digging, using a back pack blower, jack hammer, chain saw, and other such tools necessary for grounds maintenance activities. Must be able to work in a dusty environment (PPE provided) without adverse effect. Engage in sustained physical exertion and perform arduous work under adverse conditions and maintain physical fitness pertinent to the work. Frequent bending and stooping. Will be required to lift objects up to 55 pounds without assistance. May be exposed to greater than 55lb. All necessary Personal Protective Equipment will be provided by the airport.
- Mental and/or Visual Demand - Mental and visual demands are high and vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to respond safely and efficiently. Frequent work or travel in or near roadways, parking areas, and aircraft ramp areas require constant vigilance of vehicular, aircraft and equipment traffic.
- Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
- Exposed to normal office environment and normal aviation environment.
- This position requires uncommon tours of duty to include but not limited to weekends and holidays, rotating shift assignments and overtime duty.
- Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours.
Open until Filled
Apply for Job