Properties and Development Manager
Apply for Job
Back to list
Position Summary (Primary Function)
This position is responsible for performing the duties required to manage the areas of properties and development for the Greenville-Spartanburg Airport District (“District”). Such areas shall include overall property management and associated contract administration, terminal concessions management and administration, and certain aspects of the development of airport property,. The individual will be responsible for performing a variety of property, tenant, and concession management/development activities required which will include drafting and negotiation of request for proposals/bids and lease agreements, and inspection of District land and facilities. This position shall also be responsible for the administration of the Airport Environs area.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
General responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited, to the following areas and tasks:
• Responsible for administering leases, contracts, and permits.
• Routinely shows available property or space to prospective tenants.
• Routinely inspects available property or space and reviews recorded sales.
• Maintains tenant relations with airlines, concessionaires, and property tenants.
• Facilitates resolution of day-to-day tenant issues.
• Ensures that all tenant security deposits, performance bonds, letters of credit, and insurance certificates are of the appropriate amounts and are kept up to date.
• Ensures practices of the Properties Department are in compliance with appropriate South Carolina Statutes and the Federal Aviation Administration rules, orders and advisory circulars.
• Collects and analyzes market and engineering data on real estate in order to conduct comprehensive comparable value studies to establish fair market value.
• Initiates lease enforcement actions, when required.
• Prepares and implements a schedule and plan for the use of Commission owned real property and facilities so that adequate revenue streams are generated and maintained, and the needs of the public and airport users/tenants are met.
• Reviews, analyzes, and verifies financial, other data and references submitted by bidders or proposers.
• Assists in the development of capital improvement plan and long-range financial planning for new, replacement, or rehabilitated facilities that generate revenue.
• Reviews all appraisals for methodology and validity
• Ensures that all tenant security deposits, performance bonds, letters of credit, and insurance certificates are of the appropriate amounts and are kept up to date
• Coordinates with appropriate governmental agencies and outside legal counsel to ensure all documents are in compliance with federal, state, and local laws
• Responsible for managing the Development department, which consists of property management, land development, leasing, concessionaire licensing, tenant relations, lead generation, prospect development, and associated marketing activities to attract new tenants or increase sales in existing business units
• Develops and implements objectives, strategies, and tactics, to promote and secure tenants and develop property at Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport
• Places emphasis on targeting specific industries and companies that closely fit the Airport’s mission and vision.
• Development of capital improvement plan and long-range financial planning for new, replacement or rehabilitated facilities that generate revenue.
• Responsible for certain construction activities and works with consultants in developing specifications. Monitors construction projects to ensure compliance with specifications and drawings.
• Negotiates certain leases and licenses
• Responsible for the development and drafting of all bid/proposal packages, leases, operating agreements, easements, deeds, and other contracts, as needed.
• Creates and delivers development presentations and speeches.
• Performs as the District liaison with the Environs Commission.
• Advise the Local Zoning Authority on questions of interpretation of the terms and provisions of the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport Environs Area Zoning Ordinance.
• Preparation of reports for the Environs Commission.
• Review of complaints who allege violations of the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport Environs Area Zoning Ordinance have occurred:
o Assist local political subdivision with investigating or causing to be investigated such complaints.
o Assist with initiating, or initiating action to prevent, enjoin, abate or remove such violations.
• Provides technical planning assistance to local jurisdictions regarding airport/community land use compatibility, monitors local land use regulations and new urban development in airport environs, encouraging compatibility with airport operations.
• Monitors aircraft operations and coordinates with airport users to enforce compliance with any airport noise abatement procedures that may be developed. Reviews and investigates noise complaints and meets with affected parties to resolve problems.
• Promote effective communication and coordination between surrounding jurisdictions and airport management with respect to planning and land use development activities; ensures that the airport environs jurisdiction’s concerns and viewpoints are represented in the airport planning process.
• Receives and processes Airport Land use Application and determines Compatibility status.
• Monitors communications tower installations and ensures compliance with FAA Airspace Regulations.
• Works with community groups and individuals in seeking solutions to problems involving land use regulations in the airport environs area; analyzes and prepares reports on special airport environs problems.
• Performs special studies and legal research, and prepares comprehensive reports.
• Manage personnel (both direct hire and independent contractors) required for the support of the Properties and Development function:
o Plan, organize, supervise work.
o Ensure quality outcomes.
• Provide performance feedback.
• Inspire an efficient and effective team through leadership techniques.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Aviation Management, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
• Seven (7) years or more of progressively responsible experience the areas of aviation properties and/or development, law, contract administration or a comparable field.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of procedures involved in real estate transactions, title searches and examination, and real estate leases.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of property management and airport rate setting.
• Knowledge of federal laws and Federal Aviation Administration regulations, orders, and standards affecting the classification of airport tenants and users.
• Knowledge of contact provisions used in lease and operating agreements.
• Knowledge of commercial and industrial real estate principles and practices as well as methods of developing and analyzing market analyses for estimation of land and improvement values.
• This position requires skills in prioritization, organization, verbal communications and interpersonal relations, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must work well in a team environment with limited instruction/supervision.
• Proficiency in the use of a personal computer is necessary, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database products, or Windows.
• Must conduct all duties with tact, in a firm but not argumentative manner, so as to be objective in all dealings with the public and airport tenants.
• Ability to write reports, speak with and before others with poise, voice control and confidence.
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and to perform work with a positive attitude and in a professional manner at all times.
• Strong analytical and reporting skills.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
• Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage.
• Responsible for own work, but must coordinate work with others.
• Job is performed in an office setting, but will also be required to walk construction and development sites.
• Requires frequent bending, twisting, stooping or turning. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds is necessary.
• Must be able to operate a computer keyboard.
• Must be able to drive to various locations on and off airport premises.
Apply for Job
• Must be able to complete and pass a background investigation and drug screen as required by the Federal Government and aviation-related authorities.