Import/Export Traffic Agent II
Apply for Job
Back to list
Position Summary (Primary Function)
- Responsible for Import and Export related functions of the air cargo operation
- Performs warehouse, customer and ramp service tasks related to the air cargo operation
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Air Cargo Supervisor
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Accepts, reviews and prepares cargo documentation in compliance with FAA & TSA procedures for the receiving of air freight shipments
- Processes air waybills from acceptance through to manifest stages, including ULD, NOTOC, and MANIFEST details in Cargo Spot software
- Prepares, maintains and transmits deadload statement
- Prepares export documents for CBP and Flight Pouch
- Monitors import flight arrival MVT messages and communicates flight information to CBP, operational staff, and users
- Ensures that operational messages are transmitted into CargoSpot and distributed to stakeholders as required
- Reviews air waybills for Customs status and notifies all concerned of CBP Hold shipments
- Ensures import documents are retrieved from flight; separates and prepares air waybills for customers
- Prepares shipment delivery documentation (local and in-bond) and forwards information to warehouse team
- Participates in warehouse and aircraft ramp operational tasks
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Air Cargo Supervisor
- High School Diploma, GED or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must exhibit the desire to continue training and increase knowledge needed to stay abreast of changing industry regulations, standards and procedures
- Minimum of two years of experience in export and/or import operations
- Proficiency in safely operating powered industrial equipment
- Warehouse and/or air cargo experience
- CHAMP Cargospot or cargo management software experience preferred
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ability to use a personal computer, with skills in Microsoft Windows, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- This position requires skills in prioritization, organization, verbal communications and interpersonal relations, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
May be required to perform Warehouse Lead responsibilities in their absence.
- Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information
- Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage
- Responsible for own work, but must coordinate work with others
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to secure and maintain GSP airfield driver privileges
Certifications Required (Must have or be willing and able to obtain)
- Haz-mat certification
- OSHA Forklift operator certification
- US Customs and Border Protection endorsement
- Other appropriate certifications required by the FAA and/or the TSA
- Physical Demand - Use of personal protective equipment is required. Exposed to heat, cold, rain, and snow in a noisy environment. Must possess the ability to perform strenuous physical activities such as lift items weighing 70 pounds or more, engage in sustained physical exertion and perform arduous work under adverse conditions and maintain physical fitness pertinent to the work.
- Mental and/or Visual Demand - Mental and visual demands are high and vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to respond safely and efficiently.
- Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, and depth perception. Employee is required to have the visual acuity to analyze data and figures, operate a computer terminal.
- Exposed to normal aviation environment.
- This position requires uncommon tours of duty to include but not limited to weekends and holidays, rotating shift assignments and overtime duty.
- Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours
Must be able to complete and pass a background investigation and drug screen as required by the Federal Government and aviation-related authorities
Apply for Job