Airfield Grounds Technician I
Apply for Job
Back to list
Position Summary (Primary Function)
Responsible for performing daily grounds and airfield maintenance.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Individual will participate in safety programs and safety training and have total commitment and compliance with all company safety and environmental policies.
- Responsible for immediately reporting any unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- This position requires airfield and ramp driver permitting. This individual is responsible for knowing driving procedures and rules and for successfully completing annual refresher training.
- This individual is responsible for becoming progressively more knowledgeable in assigned tasks, procedures, techniques and required tools in order to maximize efficiency.
- Daily cleanup of all grounds and roads on Airport property.
- Perform airfield grounds maintenance including pavement inspections, preventative maintenance, repairs, pavement markings, gate and fence repair, erosion control, grass mowing, grading and any other grounds maintenance activities necessary for compliance with 14 CFR Part 139.
- Maintain proper grades at pavement shoulders, NAVAIDs, manholes, drop inlets and other airfield appurtenances to comply with 14 CFR Part 139.
- Maintain drop inlets, outfalls, riprap ditches, detention ponds and other storm water drainage system components to enable proper drainage and ensure ponding does not occur.
- Maintain perimeter fencing and gates.
- Perform maintenance of painted lines and markings on runway, taxiways, aprons and roadways.
- Perform inspections and repairs to all airport concrete and asphalt pavements; to include runway, taxiway, apron, roadways, sidewalks and parking areas.
- Cut grass on and around airfield, edge lights, signs, light lanes and fence lines.
- Clear brush on hillsides, drainage ditches and fence lines around airfield.
- Assist in the installation of landscape plants, beds, and turf and irrigation systems.
- Assist with removal of dead or damaged trees, tree limbs, leaves, trash, etc.
- Assist with pesticide and herbicide applications.
- Install, repair and clean all road and directional signs.
- Performs prep work and painting of various facility items, including but not limited to planters, bollards, floors, walls and equipment.
- Perform pressure cleaning of various concrete and metal structures and washing of external windows at terminal.
- Wash and clean airport vehicles.
- Cleanup of pre-assigned areas and work spaces.
- Assist with snow and ice removal activities.
- Performs other duties necessary to keep the airport attractive and operating safely.
- Responsible for setting an effective pace and for minimizing interruptions in the completion of tasks.
- Will be required to work with general supervision in an effective and safe manner.
Education Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Education, Experience, Ability)
Good verbal and written communication skills.
This position requires one (1) year experience in grounds maintenance.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Shall be knowledgeable and capable in the operation of hand and power tools needed in grounds maintenance.
- Must be physically able to operate various equipment, including but not limited to; backhoe, tractor, forklift and riding mowers.
- Must be able to operate vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission and those equipped with a manual transmission.
- This individual must have the ability to work and communicate effectively with fellow associates and supervision.
- Must successfully complete an annual medical physical designed for the performance and requirements of the job.
- May be required to complete an annual medical physical designed for the performance and requirements of the job.
None at this time.
Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
None at this time.
Apply for Job