FBO Line Service Technician
Apply for Job
Back to list
*3 FT positions available
Position Summary (Primary Function)
The Line Service Technician position performs various service related duties for aircraft and customers utilizing the facility. These duties include, but are not limited to, driving refueler units, fueling aircraft, towing aircraft, assisting passengers and flight crews with luggage, refilling refueler units at the bulk fuel storage facility, and loading/offloading of cargo from freight aircraft.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Fulfills customer service requests by performing the following duties:
- Direct arriving aircraft to appropriate parking areas and safely marshal the aircraft to a parking position.
- Be the first point of contact for arriving passengers and flight crews.
- Assist flight crews, once passenger needs have been met, with ground transportation, service request (fuel, catering, etc.), or other various needs. In some cases a Ramp Coordinator will be present, and it shall be the Ramp Coordinator’s responsibility to be the first point of contact with the passengers and flight crew and coordinate any service requests.
- Gathering and disseminating service requests and length-of-stay information from the flight crews to either the Customer Service Representatives or the Ramp Coordinator, as appropriate.
- Employ standardized practices and procedures to service aircraft (including but not limited to: towing and refueling) in a safe and efficient manner.
- Refilling refueler units at the bulk fuel storage facility.
- Performs various aircraft service duties, as directed by the Supervisor or Shift Lead in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs work in a safe manner at all times, which includes protections of customer assets (aircraft). Proper procedures, guidelines, and regulations must be followed at all times. Non-adherence to any of the rules, regulations, guidelines, or procedures is deemed unacceptable and will result in disciplinary action which may include termination.
- Performs Customer Service functions when required.
Education Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Education, Experience, Ability)
- High School Diploma or GED or any combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must exhibit the desire to continue training and increase knowledge needed to stay abreast of changing industry regulations, standards and procedures.
Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas:
- FBO or airline industry
- Materials handling or customer service
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ability to safely and efficiently operate motorized industrial equipment
- This position requires skills in prioritization, organization, verbal communications and interpersonal relations, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to secure and maintain GSP airfield driver privileges.
- Must be able to complete and pass a background investigation and drug screen as required by the Federal Government and aviation-related authorities.
Certifications Required (Must have or be willing and able to secure and maintain)
- NATA Professional Line Service Training certification
- Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information
- Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage
- Responsible for own work, but must coordinate work with others
- Physical Demand - Use of personal protective equipment is required. May be exposed to heat, cold, rain and snow in a noisy environment. Must possess the ability to perform strenuous physical activities such as lift passenger bags weighing 50 pounds or more, engage in sustained physical exertion and perform arduous work under adverse conditions and maintain physical fitness pertinent to the work.
- Mental and/or Visual Demand - Mental and visual demands are high and vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to respond safely and efficiently.
- Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, and depth perception. Employee is required to have the visual acuity to analyze data and figures, operate a computer terminal.
- Exposed to normal aviation environment
- This position requires uncommon tours of duty to include but not limited to weekends and holidays, rotating shift assignments and overtime duty.
- Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours
Apply for Job